Japan mobile market analysis 1H 2021
Nov 7, 2021
Author : Jene Park
In H1 2021, Japan’s smartphone market entered a full-scale transition to the 5G era. This was due to the efforts of the carriers and Japanese government to increase 5G penetration ahead of the Tokyo Olympics. The transition is visible across price bands and is expected to continue throughout 2021.
However, 2nd Half 2021, the situation is expected to be somewhat different. With Japanese consumers having a higher preference for domestic brands, competition between Japanese brands and Samsung is expected to be strong in the low-to-mid-end segment of the 5G smartphone market in H2 2021.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Japan handset market trends, H1 2021
- Japan 5G smartphone market, H1 2021
- Apple strengthens Japan market dominance with 5G
- Growth of low-, mid-end 5G smartphone sales in Japan
- Japan non-5G sub-$400 smartphone market: Expect fierce battles
- Chinese brands in Japan focus on low-, mid-end 5G, LTE phones
- Japan LTE smartphone sales shifting to low-, mid-end segments
- Japan smartphone market forecast, 2021-2022
Number of pages: