Network Slicing versus Private Networks: Benefits and Drawbacks
Feb 24, 2020
Author : Gareth Owen
Network slicing will be a key component of future 5G networks and will support innovative new use cases and business models thus enabling Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) to offer application-specific services to different groups of enterprises and organizations. This Viewpoint compares and contrasts the technical and business benefits of deploying a private network tailored to an enterprise’s exact requirements compared to utilising a network slice from a 5G mobile operator.
Table of Contents:
- Tech Focus.
- 5G Network Slicing.
- 4G LTE Network Slicing.
- Evolution from LTE to 5G.
- The MNO’s Perspective.
- The Enterprise’s Perspective
- Network Slicing versus Private Networks.
- The Case for Network Slicing.
- The Case for Private Networks.
- Wide Area or Local Area Coverage?.
- Flexible deployments for business flexibility.
- Hybrid Network Solutions:
- MNO Solutions
- 4G/LTE Network Slicing
- MNOs Rolling Out Private Networks.
- Vendors’ Dilemma.
Number of Pages: 13
Author: Gareth Owen
Published Date: February 2020