Global Smartphone AP-SoC Shipments & Forecast Tracker by Model - Q3 2021
Dec 14, 2021
Author : Shivani Parashar and Parv Sharma
“The global smartphone AP (Application Processor)/SoC (System on Chip) chipset shipments grew 6% YoY in Q3 2021. 5G smartphone SoC shipments grew almost two times compared to the same period a year ago. MediaTek leads the smartphone SoC market with share of 40%, driven by a competitive 5G SoC and high demand for the 4G SoC.
- MediaTek: Dominated the smartphone SoC market with a 40% share in Q3 2021. It gained share in the low-mid segment 5G portfolio. LTE SoC further helped it to strengthen its market position.
- Qualcomm: Qualcomm grew 9% sequentially due to dual sourcing from foundries. However, it dominated the 5G baseband modem shipments with a 62% share. The refreshed portfolio in the Snapdragon 7, 6 and 4 series will further help to gain share in the Q4 2021.
- Apple: Apple maintained its third position in the smartphone SoC market in Q2 2021 with a 15% share. With the launch iPhone 13 and festive season share will grow further in Q4 2021. However, negative effect due to component shortages will affecting their festive season sales.
- UNISOC: UNISOC continued with shipment growth in the third consecutive quarter in Q3 2021. It reached double digit share of 10% in Q3 2021. The company has succeeded in expanding its customer base, securing a series of design wins with major OEMs like HONOR, realme, Motorola, ZTE and Transsion. Further it also won a design win in Samsung Galaxy A series.
- Samsung Exynos: It slipped to the fifth position with a 5% share as it is in the middle of rejigging its smartphone portfolio strategy of in-sourcing as well as outsourcing to Chinese ODMs. As a result, the share of MediaTek and Qualcomm has been growing across Samsung’s smartphone portfolio, from the mid-range 4G and 5G models manufactured by ODMs to the flagship ones.
- HiSilicon: Affected by the US trade ban, Huawei was unable to manufacture the HiSilicon Kirin chipsets. The accumulated inventory of Kirin SoCs is on the verge of being exhausted. As a result, Huawei is launching lates series with the Qualcomm SoCs but limited to 4G capabilities.”
This report tracks the smartphone AP/SoC Shipments by Model for all the vendors. The scope of this report is from the AP/SoC shipments from all the key vendors like Apple, Qualcomm, MediaTek, Huawei, Samsung, and UNISOC. We have covered all the main models starting from Q1 2020 to Q3 2021. We have also included one quarter forecast for Q4E 2021. This report will help you to understand the AP/SoC Marker from the shipment perspective. Furthermore, we have also covered key specs for these AP/SoC covering market view by:
- Network (4G/5G AP/SoC)
- Foundry Details (like TSMC, Samsung. etc.)
- Process node (5nm, 6nm, 8nm, etc.)
- Manufacturing Process (FinFET, N7, N5, etc.)
- CPU Cores Architecture and CPU Cores Count
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone AP/SoC Shipment by model PivotTable
- Apple AP/SoC Shipments by Model Q1 2020 – Q4E 2021
- MediaTek AP/SoC Shipments by Model Q1 2020 – Q4E 2021
- Qualcomm AP/SoC Shipments by Model Q1 2020 – Q4E 2021
- Huawei AP/SoC Shipments by Model Q1 2020 – Q4E 2021
- Samsung AP/SoC Shipments by Model Q1 2020 – Q4E 2021
- UNISOC AP/SoC Shipments by Model Q1 2020 – Q4E 2021
Published Date: December 2021