Lithium-ion Battery Development Trends
Dec 1, 2022
Author : Minsoo Kang
This report provides an analysis of Lithium-ion battery development trend.
Lithium-ion batteries are used in many consumer devices and infrastructure sectors.
In the long term, the EV sector (16% CAGR in 2023-2025) is expected to drive growth in the lithium-ion market.
All that effort for improving battery life, charging time, low-temperature performance and life cycles has been put into four key materials – cathode, anode, electrolyte and separator.
The next-generation battery type, called solid-state battery, is expected to be commercialized by 2030.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Battery Consumption by Application
- Battery Improvement Roadmap
- Battery Type and Basic Principle
- Key Materials
- Cathode Development Trends
- Anode Development Trends
- Separator Development Trends
- Electrolyte Development Trends
- Cost Reduction by Tesla: Cell Design and Process Improvement
- Solid-state Battery Development Trends
Number of Pages: 13
Published Date: December 2022