This report is a recap of the smartphone market during the month of April 2015.
We published reports covering the global smartphone market every month in our Market Pulse and the following is the excerpt from our April 2015 report.
We found the global market had returned to growth in April after a difficult March.
- Sell-in is still suffering though as channels that have been carrying excess stock throughout 1Q15 work to clear down the inventory. Sell through exceeded sell-in in April by our estimation.
- The US has been declining since strong January demand. China’s low demand continues as operators are pulling back marketing resources and currency (RMB) strength dampens export ambitions of domestic players.
- Samsung’s new flagship models – Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have sold in well and are selling through the channels – especially the S6 Edge, despite its high price.
- Huawei is continuing to perform well across the price tiers. The newly launched P8 is yet to make a significant impact.
- China shipment dominated by local brands. Following the global trend, overall shipment increased 3% sequentially.
- Apple is still dominating Japanese market, followed at some distance by Sony.
Download the report to read more.