Our Q4 2020 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one infographic each quarter to summarize the mobile handset market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations on the smartphone market:
- Global smartphone market shipments declined 1.6% YoY but grew 8% QoQ to reach 394.6 million units in Q4 2020.
- India’s smartphone market, having met much of the pent-up and holiday season demand, declined 11% QoQ but grew 17% YoY.
- Apple displaced Samsung as the world’s top smartphone brand with a 21% share of the market, thanks to the exceptional performance of its 5G-enabled iPhone 12 series.
- While Apple performed exceptionally in all markets, it predictably did best in North America and Europe, its key markets.
- Apple retained its top spot in North America and captured it in Europe with 65% and 31% shares respectively in these markets.
- However, Samsung retained its top spot in 2020, with a 19% share of the global smartphone market.
Some quick observations on the feature phone market:
- Global feature phone shipments recovered in Q4 2020 from the previous quarter, growing 9% QoQ but declining 24% YoY.
- India displaced the Middle East and Africa (MEA) as the world’s biggest feature phone market with a 37% share as compared to the MEA’s 32%.
- Shipments in China more than doubled from Q3 2020 to reach 1.9 million units in Q4 2020.
- Shipments in North America declined another 22% QoQ in Q4 2020 after a 50% QoQ decline in Q3 2020.
- From the brand point of view, the global feature phone market remained stable with itel, HMD and TECNO retaining the top three positions respectively.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 2
Published Date: March 2021