Our Q1 2021 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one infographic each quarter to summarize the mobile handset market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations on the smartphone market:
- Global smartphone shipments grew 20% YoY but declined 10% QoQ to reach 354.94 million units in Q1 2021.
- India's smartphone market declined for a second quarter. However, Xiaomi continued to lead with a 26% share, growing 8% YoY driven by the Redmi 9 series.
- Samsung regained the top spot as the world's biggest OEM, replacing Apple, which saw a seasonal quarterly decline in shipments.
- Consequently, North America, Apple's biggest market, saw a steep quarterly decline in shipments.
- In Europe, however, the decline in Apple's shipments was significantly offset by the growth of Samsung and Chinese OEMs such as Xiaomi, OPPO and realme.
Some quick observations on the feature phone market:
- Global feature phone shipments declined 19% YoY and 15% QoQ in Q1 2021 after a relatively strong performance in Q4 2020.
- India remained the biggest feature phone market for a second quarter with an increased market share (38% in Q1 2021 vs 37% in Q4 2020).
- MEA continues to be the second biggest feature phone market despite a notably higher share (35%) compared to the last quarter(32%) when it was replaced by India.
- Shipments in North America declined 31% QoQ in Q1 2021 after a 22% QoQ decline in Q4 2020.
- From a brand point of view, the global feature phone market remained stable with itel, HMD and TECNO retaining the top three positions respectively.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature Phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 2
Published Date: June 2021