The State of Global Smartphone Inventory by OEMs: October 2021
Dec 17, 2021
Author : Varun Mishra
The global smartphone market has been experiencing a demand-supply imbalance ever since the start of 2020. Semiconductors are in short supply with all the OEMs facing the effects. This is the result of a mix of factors:
- The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted global supply chains.
- Geopolitical uncertainties forced a shift in OEMs’ strategies.
- Technological transition increased demand for semiconductors.
The supply of components manufactured on mature nodes and 4G chips remains tight, leading to an increase in their prices across price bands.
All OEMs, large or small, are facing tight inventory situations. This report deep dives on the reasons for the ongoing shortages, the expectations and explores the Global Inventory Situation by key OEMs.
Table of Contents:
- Overview of Demand-Supply Imbalance
- Global Inventory Levels by OEM
- Implications and Conclusion
Number of Pages: 8
Published Date: December 2021