Infographic: Q2-2022 | Smartphones | Mobile Market Monitor
Sep 14, 2022
Author : Team Counterpoint
Our Q2 2022 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one infographic each quarter to summarize the smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations on the smartphone market:
- The global smartphone market declined by 9% YoY and 10% QoQ to 294.5 million units in Q2 2022.
- This was the first time since Q2 2020 during the early part of the COVID-19 pandemic that the quarterly shipments dropped below 300 million units.
- Samsung was the only top-five smartphone brand to grow YoY. Its shipments increased 8% YoY and its market share grew by three percentage points to 21%.
- Apple’s shipments declined by 5% YoY in Q2 2022, although its share increased in a diminished market.
- Apple’s shipments declined 5% YoY in Q2 2022, although its share increased in a weak market.
- Xiaomi, OPPO* and vivo, hit by China lockdowns, suffered double-digit YoY declines in their respective shipments.
- HONOR's shipments grew 75% YoY in Q2 2022 to 14.7 million units. Consequently, its market share went up to 5% from 3% in the same quarter of last year.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
Number of Pages: 1
Published Date: September 2022