Counterpoint Research Analysts were in Abu Dhabi for the “Nokia World”, the grand product launch event from the world’s second largest mobile devices manufacturer. The event in the middle of modern and advanced Arab Peninsula portrayed the Finnish vendor’s desire to regain the lead in smart-devices space with modern and advanced designs and form-factors to ensure Windows Phone cements its place as the third largest mobile ecosystem.
Nokia announced its entry into high growth, high value ‘large screen smartphone and tablet’ segments to compete head on with Samsung, LG Sony, Apple and others. Phablet (5” or above smartphone) is the segment where Nokia and even Apple has railed behind the Android vendors over the last 15 months or so.
Nokia unveiled three new Lumia smart devices and three new Asha smart-feature phones at Nokia World.
< Table of Contents >
- Smartphones Microsoft’s Acquisition of Nokia Devices: Emotions Sky-High & Spirits As Well
- Broadening Lumia Portfolio: Entry into Important Phablets & Tablets Segments
- Nokia Lumia 1520: Super-Phablet in Super-Premium Price Band
- Nokia Lumia 1320: Super-Phablet in Mid-High Price Band
- Competitive & Market Assessment for Lumia 1520 & 1320
- Windows Phone Ecosystem Momentum
- Nokia’s Foray into Tablet Space with Lumia 2520
- Competitive & Market Assessment for Lumia 2520
- Asha 500, 502 & 503: A Ploy to hold share in sub-US$50 to US$100 mobile phone segment
- Asha Devices & Ecosystem Momentum
- Conclusions & Recommendations