This report covers the global mobile phone shipment by air interface technology including market share and rankings by regions and key countries.
The deliverable includes:
• Single pivot format giving an in-depth analysis of global markets
• 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
• Break out of Three Key Countries in each region to give a further granular view of the regions.
• 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
• More Visuals and Analysis by Country and by Regions
To quickly summarize:
• Global mobile phone shipments reached 440 million units globally in Q2 2019 with a YoY decline of 8%.
• Global smartphone shipments reached 354 million units in Q2 2018 with 3% annual decline.
• The global smartphone market showed no sign of recovery in Q2 2019. Reason for the decline is lengthening replacement cycles, especially in the premium segment. This can be attributed to the higher quality of devices, increasing average selling prices (ASP), and the lack of innovation sufficient to motivate consumers to upgrade.
• First 5G devices were now commercially available by some smartphone OEMs, traction for 5G phones was good in South Korea with operators providing subsidy to attract early adopters.
• Samsung refreshed its portfolio launching various A series of smartphones to give Chinese brands competition in the mid-tier price tier segment. It leads to growth in shipment for the brand after a consecutive decline of six quarters.
• Huawei (including HONOR) remained the second largest brand despite the trade ban and grew 4% YoY in Q2 2019.
• Overall LTE shipments continued to decline at 4% YoY as global smartphone market slowed down. Although, notable OEMs like vivo, Huawei and OPPO grew.
• LTE has made inroads to entry-level segment and is quickly replacing 3G even in emerging markets. As more users transition to smartphones in emerging economies, and cost of access to the device (example smart feature phones) as well as data services comes down, the transition rate will further increase in 2019.
From Q1 2019 onwards we have started delivering 2 more brands:
1) Honor (Now tracked as a separate brand from Huawei)
2) Realme (Tracked separately but a sub-brand of OPPO)
• We have also added a "Parent Brand" category for better understanding and aggregate shipment of multi-brand companies.
• 5G Technology is added starting from Q2 2019
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central & Latin America
- Key Central & Latin America Countries
- Middle East & Africa
- Key Middle East & Africa Countries
Author: Shobhit Srivastava
Date Published: Aug 2019