This report is one of the series of reports which tracks mobile handset: Smartphone shipments and revenues every quarter highlighting value share for 42 brands (from earlier 20) and covering more than 95% of the total device revenues in the industry.
To summarize quickly:
- Global handset market wholesale revenues decline 7% annually during the first quarter of 2019 at USD 93.7 billion.
- Smartphones share accounts for 98.3% of the overall handset market by revenue.
- Smartphone market reached USD 92.1 Billion in revenues.
- Apple captured 33% share of overall smartphone revenue down from a 38% share in 2018 Q1. Apple iPhone revenues were down 20% annually during the first quarter of 2019.
- Overall smartphone market ASP remained flat annually and declined 8% sequentially.
- The top 5 OEMs captured 82% of the total smartphone market revenues.
Author: Shobhit Srivastava
Published Date: June 2019