Following up on the series of quarterly Market Monitor reports sent out please find out a new report highlighting Value Share for top 20 smartphone brands through Q4 2014
Summary of the report
• Global handset market reached roughly US$110 Billion in wholesale revenues up 27% annually during Q4 2014.
• Smartphones contribute close to 97% of the total handset market by revenue.
• Smartphone market reached roughly US$107 Billion in revenues up 31% annually due to healthy smartphone shipments growth (+26% YoY)
• Overall smartphone industry ASP increased (+4% YoY) during the quarter driven by record iPhone sales. However most of the growth is still coming from sub-$200 smartphones and across emerging markets which is clearly evident from rise in revenue share of Chinese OEMs.
• Asia (including China) contributed to almost 45% of the global smartphone industry revenues and more than half of global smartphone industry volumes.
• Apple extended the lead over Samsung in Smartphone segment by Value and topped the list with roughly 48% share surpassing Samsung which captured 18% share.
• Samsung revenue share is down to 18%, lowest since CY 2012 in a single quarter. At its peak it captured 37% share during Q3 2013.
• This is mainly because Samsung’s revenues were down 20% annually and 2% sequentially due to dip in smartphone demand relative to the market growth.
• The top 5 OEMs captured close to three-fourths of the total industry smartphone revenues
• Meanwhile, Xiaomi’s revenue increased by almost 142% YoY and Huawei revenues reached a new high with close to 4% mark for the first time.
• If we leave out of Samsung, Apple generated more smartphone revenues than the next twenty smartphone brands combined in our rankings in Q4 2014
Likewise you might be interested in reading the following insight post:
LTE is Eating The World
Table of Contents
- Pivot Table for Smartphone Volumes (Shipments)
- Pivot Table for Smartphone Value (ASP, Revenues)
- Pivot Chart for Smartphone Value (Shipments, ASP, Revenues)
- Global Smartphone Market (Region View)
- Global Smartphone Market (OEM View)
- North America Smartphone Market (OEM View)
- Latin America Smartphone Market (OEM View)
- Europe Smartphone Market (OEM View)
- Asia Pacific Smartphone Market (OEM View)
- China Smartphone Market (OEM View)
- Middle East Africa Smartphone Market (OEM View)