This report covers the global mobile phone shipment by air interface technology including market share and rankings by regions and key countries.
The deliverable includes:
- Single pivot format giving an in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of Three Key Countries in each region to give a further granular view of the regions.
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More Visuals and Analysis by Country and by Regions
To quickly summarize:
- Global mobile phone shipments reached 378.5 million units globally in Q1 2020 with a YoY decline of -13%.
- Global smartphone shipments reached 295 million units in Q1 2020 showing a -13% YoY decline as compared to Q1 2019.
- The top three brands, Samsung, Huawei and Apple, captured more than 50% of the smartphone market, with the rest of the market left for hundreds of other brands to compete fiercely.
- LTE shipment declined from 78% in Q1 2019 to 71% in Q1 2020. 5G smartphone shipment share increased to 8% in Q1 2020 from 1% in Q4 2019.
- COVID-19 has disrupted the implementation plans of 5G in some countries, with auctions being postponed in markets like Spain and India. However, led by Huawei, the growth of 5G in China remains as expected.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central & Latin America
- Key Central & Latin America Countries
- Middle East & Africa
- Key Middle East & Africa Countries
Author: Varun Mishra
Date Published: May 2020