This report is one of the series of reports which tracks mobile handset: Smartphone and Feature Phone shipments every quarter for more than 140 brands covering more than 95% of the total device shipments in the industry.
The deliverable includes
- Single pivot format giving in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of three key countries in each region to give further granular view of the regions
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More visuals and analysis by country and by regions
To quickly summarize:
- Global smartphone market shipment declined 1.6% YoY but grew 7/9% QoQ to reach 394.6 million units in Q4 2020.
- The smartphone recovery is majorly driven by exceptional performance by Apple. However, it was subdued to re-emergence of COVID-19 strains in regions including Western Europe and LATAM.
- Samsung slipped to the second spot with 62.5 million units in Q4 2020. However, it led the overall market in CY 2020.
- For the first time, OPPO and vivo surpassed Huawei to capture the fourth and fifth spots respectively, Huawei slipped to the sixth spot.
- realme emerged as the fastest growing brand in CY 2020 with 65% YoY growth.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart by Brand
- Pivot Chart by Geography
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central and Latin America
- Key Central and Latin America Countries
- Middle East and Africa
- Key Middle East and Africa Countries
Author: Aman Chaudhary, Harmeet Singh Walia
Published Date: February 2021