This report covers the global mobile phone shipment by air interface technology including market share and rankings by regions and key countries.
The deliverable includes:
- Single pivot format giving an in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of Three Key Countries in each region to give a further granular view of the regions.
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More Visuals and Analysis by Country and by Regions
To quickly summarize:
- Global smartphone market shipment declined 1.6% YoY but grew 7.9% QoQ to reach 394.6 million units in Q4 2020.
- 5G smartphone shipment penetration increased to 32% in Q4 2020 from the 17% in Q3 2020.
- This growth was driven primarily by exceptional performance by the launch of iPhone 12 series, Apple’s first 5G phones, in October 2020.
- China accounted for almost 47% of all 5G phones shipped in Q4 2020.
- North America and Western Europe expectedly saw an almost five and four-fold increase respectively in 5G penetration due to Apple’s strong dominance in the region.
`Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central & Latin America
- Key Central & Latin America Countries
- Middle East & Africa
- Key Middle East & Africa Countries
Author: Aman Chaudhary, Harmeet Singh Walia
Date Published: February 2021