This report is part of a series of reports which track the mobile handset market: Smartphone and Feature Phone shipments every quarter for more than 140 brands covering more than 95% of the total device shipments in the industry.
The deliverable includes
- Single pivot format giving in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of three key countries in each region to give further granular view of the regions
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More visuals and analysis by country and by regions
To quickly summarize:
- The global smartphone market declined by 10% QoQ but grew by 20% YoY in Q1 2021, clocking global shipments of 354.94 million units, down from 394.6 million in Q4 2020.
- Samsung regained the top spot as the world's biggest OEM, with smartphone shipments reaching 76.6 million units in Q1 2021.
- Apple's global shipments grew by nearly 50% YoY to 59.5 million units despite declining by about 27% QoQ after a record quarter.
- Xiaomi (48.5 Mn.), Oppo (38 Mn.) and vivo (35.5 Mn.) shipped a record number of smartphones, each capturing their highest-ever market share in Q1 2021.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart by Brand
- Pivot Chart by Geography
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central and Latin America
- Key Central and Latin America Countries
- Middle East and Africa
- Key Middle East and Africa Countries
Author: Harmeet Singh Walia, Aman Chaudhary
Published Date: May 2021