This report covers the global mobile phone shipment by air interface technology including market share and rankings by regions and key countries.
The deliverable includes
- Single pivot format giving in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of three key countries in each region to give further granular view of the regions
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More visuals and analysis by country and by regions
To quickly summarize:
- Global smartphone market grew by 20% YoY but declined 10% QoQ due to seasonality, reaching 354.94 million units in Q1 2021.
- 5G smartphone shipments as well as penetration remained strong despite Apple’s shipments reducing by over 27% QoQ. Apple’s 5G-enabled iPhone 12 series made up almost 45% of all 5G shipments in Q4 2020.
- 5G shipments were driven primarily by the exceptional performance by Samsung and Chinese OEMs such as Xiaomi, Oppo and vivo.
- China accounted for almost 48% of all 5G phones shipped in Q1 2021.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart by Brand
- Pivot Chart by Geography
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central and Latin America
- Key Central and Latin America Countries
- Middle East and Africa
- Key Middle East and Africa Countries
Authors: Harmeet Singh Walia, Aman Chaudhary
Published Date: May 2021