Market Monitor I Quarterly Vendor By Region & Countries Q1 2022
May 16, 2022
Author : Harmeet Singh Walia and Aman Chanudhary
This report is part of a series of reports which track the mobile handset market: Smartphone and Feature Phone shipments every quarter for more than 140 brands covering more than 95% of the total device shipments in the industry.
The deliverable includes
- Single pivot format giving in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of three key countries in each region to give a further granular view of the regions
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More visuals and analysis by country and by regions
To quickly summarise:
- The global smartphone market declined by 8% YoY and 12% QoQ to 326 million units in Q1 2022.
- Samsung surpassed Apple to take the number one spot in Q1 2022 with smartphone shipments increasing by 8% QoQ to 74.4 million units in Q1 2022.
- Apple’s shipments declined by 1% annually to reach 59 million units in Q1 2022.
- Xiaomi, OPPO and vivo’s component struggles continued, causing a quarterly and annual decline in their respective shipments.
- HONOR’s shipments grew by 148% YoY to 16 million units in Q1 2022. Consequently, its market share rose to 5% this quarter, up from 4% in the last quarter and 2% in the same quarter last year.
Table of Contents:
- Pivot Chart by Brand
- Pivot Chart by Geography
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Central and Latin America
- Key Central and Latin America Countries
- Middle East and Africa
- Key Middle East and Africa Countries
Author: Harmeet Singh Walia, Aman Chaudhary
Published Date: May 2022