Market Monitor Quarterly Smartphone Vendor Region Value Share 2022 Q1
May 26, 2022
Author : Harmeet Singh Walia and Aman Chaudhary
This report from Counterpoint’s Market Monitor service highlights the regional revenues and ASPs for 42 brands in the smartphone segment. These 42 brands together capture close to 95% of the total market by revenues.
- Global smartphone market wholesale revenue declined 2% YoY and 17% QoQ to $111 billion in Q1 2022.
- Apple led the global smartphone market in revenue terms in Q1 2022 with revenue of over $50 billion.
- Among regions, China led the revenue share (26%) driven by strong 5G smartphone penetration.
- China’s share of the global smartphone market is down from 30% in Q1 2021 as North America and Europe have grown.
- Smartphone revenue share accounts for 99% of the overall handset market by revenue.
Publication Date: May 2022