Smartphone shipments increased 8% YoY, with four out of five mobile phones shipped being a smartphone. North America (NAM), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Asia were the regions that registered year on year growth. This report tracks overall market analysis & Vendor analysis during the quarter.
- China and India continued to be the two largest markets and can be viewed as regions in themselves.
- These two countries combined accounted for 37% of global mobile phone shipments.
- MEA had the highest YoY growth rate among all the regions and accounted for almost 14% of the total global shipments.
- Smartphones remained the key driver for growth and represented around 80% of total handset shipments.
- Smartphone growth is fueled by rising proliferation of LTE phones along with declining average selling prices in markets such as China, India, Russia, Indonesia and other emerging countries.
Table of Contents:
- Overview of report
- Key highlights
- Vendor Analysis- Samsung, Apple, Huawei
- Summary by Cellular Air-Interface in Mobile Phones
Number of Pages: 10 (Full report is available for clients at our portal)
Author: Parv Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Published Date: February 2017
This report should be read in conjunction with the related reports that include Excel tables and charts. Links to the related reports are below.