Mobile Handset Forecast by Region (Long Term) Aug 2022
Aug 31, 2022
Author : Liz Lee
The annual smartphone shipment volume is estimated to be 1.3 billion units in 2022, down 6% YoY, with shrinking demand amid the rising global uncertainties. The reasons for further lowering the forecast are as follows;
- A loweing of our evaluation of the global economy following a weaker growth outlook and stronger than expected central bank actions to combat inflation. We now believe a recession is very likely in late 2022 into 2023.
- There appears to be no end in sight to the Ukraine war, and weakening supplies of grains and fuels could cause new diplomatic rows between nations.
- We now expect the elevated commodity prices to continue to damage the global supply chain, while weakening consumer demand for tech products may lead to a supply glut in semiconductors and tech components.
This report provides the global mobile handset/smartphone market forecast by region and brand for 2022-2026.
Table of Contents:
- Track Changes - Smartphone
- Tech Pivot
- North America
- Caribbean & Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Europe (Western Europe / Central & Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China/India/Japan/Korea/AP Others)
Number of Pages: 12
Published Date: August 2022