- Single day sale in China reached an unprecedented USD 38Bn within 24 hours up 44% annually. It was strongly driven by Alibaba’s Tmall and JD.com, together contributing close to 90% of the total GMV. Huawei, Xiaomi and Apple were the most popular and grossing mobile brands benefiting from the sales carnival.
Sell in and sell through were both strong globally in October. Sell-through was strong in markets like India due to Diwali sales, developed markets also picked up, thanks to a push from operators on the back of new product introductions including, principally, iPhone 8.
After a steady September, Apple is starting to gain momentum with iPhone 8. But consumer anticipation of iPhone X limited sales volume compared to iPhone 7. We expect Apple to enjoy an elongated sales cycle thanks to a slowish ramp for iPhone X, but one that lasts well into 2018.
Performance of Samsung S8 series was decent sequentially thanks to strategic price moves, while Note 8, together with its solid J and A series helped to keep Samsung’s ship steady.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Monthly Research Topic
- Emerging Tech Opportunities
- Global Market Status
- Market Sizing – Demand & Supply / Price band
- Market Share – Vendor / Price band
- Major Country Landscape
- US Market Landscape
- China Market Landscape
- India Market Landscape
- Trends in Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
Number of Pages: 47 (Full reports are available for clients at our portal)
Author: Counterpoint (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Published Date: November 2017