The smartphone display market is witnessing an increasing rate of adoption of flexible OLED applied with new technologies such as LTPO OLED and foldable display.
After 2021, LCD is expected to show a sharp decline due to the loss of price competitiveness. On the other hand, Rigid OLED is expected to see an increase in market demand from 2020 to 2021. But with the reduced gap between the market unit prices of rigid OLED and LTPS LCD, the business profit margin is decreasing, making it difficult for display companies to invest in rigid OLED on a large scale. As such, the supply of rigid OLED is expected to be limited. Meanwhile, as price competition among major flexible OLED suppliers is intensifying, the price of flexible OLED is expected to drop sharply. Therefore, flexible OLED is expected to show highest growth in 2020-2022.
Table of Contents:
- Summary for Smartphone display market by Material
- Smartphone shipment forecast by Display Material
- Summary for SP display forcast by Region
- Smartphone shipment forecast by display material & Region
- Summary for SP display forecast by OEMs
- Smartphone shipment forecast by display material & OEMs
Author: Jene Park
Published Date: October 2020